Saturday 25 February 2012

Ghetto Fabulous Tip: Helping Congested Babies Sleep

If you've been following my blog you'll know the Princess had her first bout of gastro last week. Nature is being pretty freaking mean because suddenly the peach has a bit of a snuffly nose too. She was having trouble sleeping last night and it got me thinking - when I have a blocked nose I like to sleep on extra pillows to elevate my head (sexy). We all know pillows are a massive no no (suffocation risk) - so enter the ghetto fabulous tip. Two big books under one end of the cot (see pic below) - obvs the end her head's at. I also filled a bowl with water and put a few drops of tea tree oil in to help decongest her as it evaporates into the room. All has worked a treat so far. Smooches to the Princess for a speedy recovery.
PS: make sure to put the bowl of water somewhere you won't accidentally kick it over in the night, like under the cot (as seen in pic). 

No comments:

Post a Comment