Wednesday 14 March 2012

Two Mummy Medicine Bag Must Haves

The Princess has had a bad run lately with her second tummy bug in one month striking on Sunday. Our GP sent us down to A&E (aaarrrggghhhh!) on Monday as she was a little dehydrated. I have to say the staff at Chelsea Westminster Paediatric A&E are wonderful, but I digress. The Princess avoided an IV drip as she very cleverly kept the electrolytes I needed to orally syringe into her mouth down - 5 mLs every 5 minutes for 4 hours.
She's on the mend now, but the hospital sent me home with some electrolyte sachets (Dioralyte) and oral syringes (see picture for both). Both are available over the counter. It's a good idea to have these on hand if your baby has a tummy bug/ gastro and you want to help them get hydrated again quickly. I'll be keeping a stash at all times. And of course, if you think your baby is sick - straight to the GP or A&E. I'd prefer the GP to roll their eyes and think I'm over protective than for me to miss something being seriously wrong.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment